Thursday, March 29, 2012

Fully Afloat, or Sinking?



Artist Julien Berthier created a boat, named Love Love, that looks like it’s sinking, but actually has a motor that allows it to be driven around, fully afloat.

I like what this work of art is saying - To me it is saying simply - Don't to be too quick to judge, don't always take things on their face value, sometimes underneath there is something going on that we don't know about - that we are not always privy to all the information and that when we dig deeper we may see the deeper meaning to a situation, that in the fullness of time, by looking beneath the surface of things, truth is revealed.

.

4 comments:

Susanna Originals said...

I think I'm too old, too pragmatic and too close to the ocean to appreciate this as a piece of art. "The boy who cried wolf?" perhaps? "Things are not always what they seem" is a good way of looking at things, but not on the ocean where looking at a boat like that as art can kill.
Can you tell my art appreciation tends towards the classics?

Kate said...

What fun! Love it!

Alden Smith said...

Susanna - I understand all you say - My take on it is (being a yachtee myself) is that I understand the statement being made, but with half an eye on all the materials he used and thinking that I could build a boat that actually sails!!

Alden Smith said...

Katherine - thanks for your comment :>)